To provide for the free exchange of ideas while
keeping the newsletter credible and interesting to its
readers, we observe some basic ground rules:
- Submittals will be corrected for spelling and
grammar (unless otherwise noted), and edited for
- Style will be corrected in accordance with the
most current version of the Meadowcreek
Village Civic Club Newsletter Stylesheet. Any
other revisions will be made in consultation with
- If the editor determines that a story needs to be
rewritten, the task may be given to the original
author or to a different writer.
- The Civic Club is a nonpartisan organization. We
do not endorse any candidate running for elected
office, nor do we accept advertising from
political parties or candidates.
- Free and open commentary about issues is
welcome and encouraged, including analysis of the
Civic Club and its activities. The editor
reserves the right to respond to those submittals
which appear to reflect a misunderstanding of the
club and its operation.
- The newsletter will not publish direct personal
criticisms of individual members.
- No material will be accepted which promotes the
violation of laws or neighborhood deed
- The newsletter will not publish material from
anonymous sources. All submitted articles must be
from a verifiable source. Attribution will be
given for any article not written by the
newsletter staff unless the author requests to
remain anonymous. A by-line will be printed for
any submittal the editor considers commentary in
- Advertising policies are set forth in the Advertising
- The editor, at his or her sole discretion, will
determine the appropriateness of all submitted
material for inclusion. Material may be rejected
at any time for any reason.
Revised 01 September 1998